Roast Prime Rib of Beef
Write a review
2 hr 45 min
2 hr 45 min
- 1 5.75 pound prime rib roast of beef (2 bones)
- Butter at room temperature
- Italian Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (this MUST be an accurate temp).
- Put roast, rib side down in roasting pan.
- Mix the pepper and herbs in the butter until well combined.
- Spread the butter mixture over the entire surface of the prime rib. The more the better.
- Put the kosher salt over the entire surface of the butter. Be very GENEROUS. Use more than you think you should here. Most of the salt will run off and very little will remain on the meat, I can’t stress the “generous” enough.
- Put the roast in the 500 degree oven for 30 minutes as outlined in step 1. The time will be according to the size of your roast. After the 30 minutes, simply turn the oven off and walk away from it for 2 hours. Yup, just walk away. Do NOT open the door, fiddle with it or anything else. Pretend the roast does not exist.
- After 2 hours, remove the roast and LET SIT at least 15 min to allow it to rest before carving!
- Slice and serve. You can remove the rib bones for easier slicing and it also makes it easier to get 4 generous servings from the roast. Save the bones! Serve with au jus or Chef Ron Lock’s Spicy Horseradish Sauce etc. Whatever you like. You will surely love this method. You will get a succulent, moist roast between rare and medium rare. Perfect!
Best Free Recipes Ever! http://bestfoodlover.com/